« Prev1Next »
分享
旧帖 2004-06-23 12:53:00
Post #1
攀岩字典

我是狂风 离线 我是狂风

攀岩字典

Abseil - Abseil - (pronounced AB-sail) To make a controlled descent on a fixed rope. The term is typically used in Europe and Australia. Americans usually call this rappelling. (d) Abseilen, (f) Descendre en rappel, (nl) Afdalen/abseilen, (i) Doppia, fare una doppia, (e) Rapelar / descenso en rappel, (s) fira, (pl) Zjazd na linie  
ABSEIL - 沿固定的绳索下降。这个词通常在欧洲和澳洲使用,美国称其为RAPPELLING。  
Accessory cord - Nylon, Kevlar? or Spectra? cord sold in various diameters, typically smaller than those of climbing ropes. Used for a variety of things including slings, anchors, prusiks, and emergency tie-offs. Accessory cord is static, or very low stretch.  
ACCESSORY CORD - 辅绳。各种直径的尼龙或者合成纤维绳索,通常比攀登绳索细。用于绳套,设置保护点,或者紧急情况下打结。辅绳通常是静力绳,或者延展性非常小。

ACD (Active Camming Device) - Protection device that secures in rock cracks or pockets by means of spring-loaded cams. See SLCD.  
使用弹簧凸轮装置在岩石裂缝或者岩洞做确保的保护器材。

Active protection - Any piece of climbing protection that has moving parts, typically with springs. Examples include spring-loaded camming devices (incl. Friends, Camelots), sliding wedges and tube chocks.  
有活动部件的攀登保护装置,通常是有弹簧的。包括弹簧凸轮装置(FRIENDS, CAMELOTS)等。

Adze - The flat cutting end of the ice axe head. (pl) Lpatka czekana  
冰镐的铲型头。

Aid climbing - Moving up a rock using fixed or placed protecting as a means of progression (and not just for protection). Also known in the US as sixth class climbing. Opposite of free climbing. (d) Technisch klettern, (f) Escalade artificielle, (nl) Artificieel klimmen, (i) Arrampicata artificiale, (e) Escalada artificial, (s) Teknisk kl?ttring / Artificiell kl?ttring, (pl) Hakowka  
AID CLIMBING - 器械攀登。在攀爬过程中使用的器械不仅仅用作保护,而且借助向上。在美国被称为第6级攀登。相对于自由攀登。

Aider - Webbing ladder used for aid climbing. The word was probably coined by someone who couldn't spell the french word étrier. (d) Leiter, (f) étrier, (nl) Ladder, (i) Staffa, (e) Estribo, (s) Stegar, (pl) Laweczka podciagowa "
AIDER -绳梯。在器械攀登中使用。

Alcove - A belay ledge that is surrounded by vertical rock on all sides. (pl) Nyza"  
ALCOVE - 周围有岩石掩蔽的保护平台。

Anchor - Point where the rope is fixed to the rock. May be top-rope anchors, belay anchors or a protection piece mid-climb. (d) Fixpunkt/Verankerung, (f) Point d'assurage, (f-c) Point d'ancrage, (nl) Zekeringspunt, (i) Ancoraggio, (e) Anclaje / Punto de seguro, (s) Ankare / F?rankring, (pl) Punkt asekuracyjny  
ANCHOR - 锚点。绳索在岩石上的固定点。可能是顶绳固定点,保护固定点或者段间保护固定点。

ANSI (American National Standards Institute) - Establishes and enforces industrial standards in the United States. See CEN.  
ANSI(AMERICAN NATIONAL STANDARDS INSTITUTE)- 美国设定和执行工业标准的组织。

Approach - The route or walk in to the base of a climb.  
通往攀登基地的路程。

Arete - A narrow (more or less horizontal) ridge. (d) Grat, (f) arête, (nl) graat, (i) cresta, (e) cresta / cuchilla, (pl) grzebien, (sl) hreben  
ARETE - 山的刃脊

Ascender - Devices (incl. Jumar) used to ascend a rope. Used in aid climbing, mountaineering rescue and caving. (d) Steigklemmen, (f) Jumars / Poignées ascensionnelles, (nl) Stijgklemmen, (i) Maniglie/Ascensori, (e) Ascensores / Jumars, (s) Repkl?mmor, (pl) Zacisk  
ASCENDER - 用于沿绳索上升的器械(包括祝玛式上升器)。用于器械攀登,登山,救援和探洞。

ASTM (American Standards for Testing and Materials) - Establishes materials specifications and testing standards in the United States.  
ASTM(AMERICAN STANDARS FOR TESTING AND MATERIALS)- 美国设定原材料规格和测试标准的组织。

ATC - 'Air Traffic Controller', belaying device made by Black Diamond.  
ATC - 'AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLER',Black Diamond 公司发明生产的一种保护器械。

Auto-lock - Spring-loaded, twisting mechanism on a karabiner gate that locks by itself when the gate is closed.  
AUTO-LOCK - 铁锁锁门上的弹簧扭转装置,锁门关闭时可以自行锁定。

Backup - Any additional protection that is added to provide redundancy to an anchor.  
备份。对锚点提供额外保护的附加保护措施。  
Bail - To give up on a rock climb or a summit attempt because of bad weather coming in.  
BAIL - 因坏天气到来而放弃攀登。

Barn door - To swing sideways out from the rock due to being off balance. Often occurs with a lie-back maneuver. (f) partir en drapeau "
BARN DOOR - 身体因为失去平衡而向侧面旋转。经常发生在LIE-BACK动作中。

Base Camp - The lowest and largest fixed camp on a major ascent (or multiple ascents in the same area). Where Jimmy asked Katie to marry him in December 2000. (d) Basislager, (f) Camp de base, (nl) Basiskamp, (i) Campo base, (e) Campamento base, (s) Basl?ger, (pl) Obozowisko "  
BASE CAMP - 大本营。在一次主要攀登(或同一地区的多次攀登)中位置最低并且最大的固定营地。

Bashies - Malleable anchors that are literally bashed into small cracks for use in aid climbing. Tough to remove.  
可被凿入很小裂缝的有延展性的锚状物,用于器械攀登。很难取出。

Beer - Liquid consumed in large quantities after climbing. (chinese mandarin) [pronounced "Pee Joe"]. Icy Cold Beer is pronounced "Bin-duh Pee Joe" (d) Bier, (f) bière / mousse, (f-c) broue, (nl) bier / pintje, (i) birra, (e) cerveza, (s) ?l, (pl) piwo, (sl) piwo  
BEER - 啤酒。攀登后大量饮用的液体。

Belay - To keep a climber from falling too far by using friction on the rope. To secure a climber. It includes the rope, anchors, belay device and the belayer. (d) Sichern, (f) Assurer , (nl) Zekeren, (i) Assicurare, (e) Asegurar / Dar seguridad, (s) S?kra, (pl) Ubezpieczac  
BELAY -保护。 利用绳子的摩擦力使攀登者免于长距离坠落。保护攀登者。它包括绳子,锚点,保护器和保护者。

Belay Betty or Belay Bob - The girl or boyfriend of an addictive rock climber. (d) Sicherungsmaschine
BELAY BETTY OR BELAY BOB - 成瘾性攀岩者的女(男)朋友。

Belay Station - A safe stance consisting of an anchor, a rope, and a belayer (aka "the belay"). (d) Standplatz, (f) Relais, (nl) Standplaats, (i) Sosta, (e) Punto de encuentro, Reunión, (s) Standplats, (pl) Stanowisko  
BELAY STATION - 安全的保护系统由锚点,绳子和保护者组成。

Belayer - The person who manages the rope so as to catch the climber on the other end in case of a fall or a slip.  
BELAYER - 保护者。控制绳索的人,并在攀爬者脱落的时候制动。

"Belay On" (or "On Belay") - When the belayer is ready to belay the climber up, he yells "Belay on". (At least in the US. "Belay on" would only confuse the hell out of a British climber who prefers to hear "Climb when ready"). (d) "nachkommen", (f) "quand tu veux", (f-c) "assuré", (nl) "nakomen", (i) "puoi venire", (e) "sube" / "vienes", (s) "s?kring klar", (pl) "asekuracja gotowa" / "asekuruje"  
BELAY ON(OR "ON BELAY") - 当保护者准备好,他叫"BELAY ON"。 (多在美语中使用。英国攀登者多使用"CLIMB WHEN READY"。)

"Below" - Used in Britain to warn for impending impact with objects coming from above (e.g. falling rock). "Rock" in the US. (d) "Stein", (f) "Caillou" ("Pierre" is a common French name and might cause confusion with those individuals that respond to that name), (f-c) "Roche", (i) "Sasso", (e) "Piedra", (s) "Sten"  
BELOW - 在英国用于警示坠落物的用语(例如落石)。美国用语"ROCK"。

Bent-gate karabiner - Sport-climbing karabiner used on the rope-clipping end of a quickdraw. The bent gate provides a larger opening than straight-gate karabiners provide for clipping in the rope, therefore accepting the rope more easily. Not uncontroversial. (d) Bananenkarabiner, (f) Mousqueton à doigt incurvé, (i) Moschettone a barra ricurva, (e) Mosquetón express, (s) Karbin med b?jd grind, (pl) Karabinek z lekko otwierajacym sie zamkiem  
BENT-GATE KARABINER -弯门铁锁。 用于快挂挂绳一端的铁锁,弯门比直门开口更大,利于绳子穿过。

"Berg Heil!" - A German greeting at the summit. (aus) "Well done mate!"  
"BERG HEIL"- 德语中登顶后的问候语。

Beta - Insider information about a climb. Running or auto beta is someone telling you how to do the moves as you go (as in "can you please shut up with that running beta, I want to find out myself"). (d) Informationen vor dem Start, (f) Description de la voie, (i) Informazioni  
BETA - 关于攀登路线的信息和资料。RUNNING OR AUTO BETA是指别人在你攀登的时候告诉你该如何移动。

Beta flash - Leading a climb with no falling or dogging, but with a piece of previous knowledge hints on how to do those crux moves. Even seeing someone do the climb already classifies as 'previous knowledge'. (d) Flash mit Ansage, (f) Flash  
BETA FLASH - 没有脱落地领攀一条线路,且没有吊在绳索上休息。但是预先得到一些如何度过关键点的信息。即使观看别人攀爬也被定义为"预知信息"。

Bight - A bend in a rope or a folded section of rope.  
BIGHT - 绳子上弯曲或者折叠处。

Big wall - Extended, multi-pitch rock climb that often takes several days to complete. (d) Big Wall, (f) Grande paroi / grande falaise, (f-c) Grand mur, (e) Gran Pared, (s) Stor??gg / Bigwall Biner - Short for "karabiner". (d) Kara, (f) Mousquif / Moustif, (e) Mosquete / Mosquetón, (s) Karbin, (pl) Karabinek  
BIG WALL - 线路很长的多段攀登路线,经常需要几天来完成。

Biomechanics - The study of the mechanics of muscular activity.  
研究肌肉运动机理的学科。

Bird Beak - A tiny hooked piton manufactured by A5. It is similar to the old Chouinard "Crack'n up", except that it only has a single side and that it is intended to be hammered in if necessary. (pl) Rodzaj skajhuka  
A5生产的一种很小的钩状岩钉。类似于CHOUINARD的"CRACK'N UP",但它只有一面并且在需要时被锤成的。

Bivouac - Also called "Bivvie". A usually temporary sleeping place under little or no shelter. In terms of climbing, an overnight stay on a wall during a multi-day climb, or sleeping without a tent in a bivy sack during a climb. (d) Biwak, (f) Bivouac, (nl) Bivak, (i) Bivacco, (e) Bivac, (s) Bivack, (pl) Biwak Bivvie - Short for bivouac. (f)  
也称为"BIVVIE"。通常指没有或几乎没有遮蔽的临时性宿营地。在攀登术语中,指在多天的攀登中整晚停留在岩壁上,或者在攀登过程中不用帐篷而睡在露营袋中

Bleausard - Someone who frequents 'Bleau (or Fontainebleau, the site of some excellent bouldering near Paris).  
经常出现在"枫丹白?quot;(巴黎附近非常好的抱石区)的人。

Board-lasted - Shoe construction in which the upper is attached to a stiff insole (also called the board).  
鞋的构造,鞋面粘贴到硬的鞋底上。

Body belay - Belay technique using friction of the rope passing around the belayer's body to slow and hold a fall. It is often painful for the belayer and not effective in every situation, but can be used in emergency situations if no belay device is available.  
利用绳子与保护者身体之间的摩擦来减慢并阻止冲坠的保护技巧。这种保护方式通常对保护者来说是非常疼痛的,而且并非在所有情形下都有效,通常被用在没有保护器的紧急情况下。

Bolted route - A route protected with pre-placed bolt anchors rather than removable protection pieces. A sport route.  
预先设置膨胀螺栓和挂片作为保护点而非可取出的保护装置的攀登路线。竞技路线。

Bolts - Metal expansion bolts drilled into the rock for use as protection on sport or aid climbs. Hangers are attached to the bolts for clipping in your rope. (d) Bohrhaken, (f) spit / scellement, (i) spit, (e) spits / bolt, (s) bult, (pl) spit  
打在岩石上的金属膨胀螺钉,在运动攀登或器械攀登中起保护作用。螺钉附带挂片,用以挂绳。

Bombproof - A hold or anchor that is thought to offer the utmost security; for example, a top-rope anchor around a large, stable tree trunk or immovable boulder.  
非常可靠的支点或保护点,例如,在大树或者巨石上做的顶绳保护锚点。

Bong - 1. An almost extinct species of extra wide pitons. Now, large chocks are usually used instead. 2. A device known to be used by climbers in the Arapiles region of Australia to assist climbing and general wellbeing. (f) "Bonne Grimpe ! - "A greeting to climbers when they start the climb. (e) "?Buena suerte!"  
1.一种几乎绝迹的很宽的岩钉。现在,通常使用大号的岩塞来代替。2 一种澳大利亚ARAPILES地区的攀登者使用的协助攀登的器材,很好用。

Bootie - Gear (nuts, cams, etc.) that was left behind on a climb by the previous party.  
以前的攀爬者在攀登线路上留下的攀登装备(岩塞、机械塞等),

Bottleneck - A crack with converging sides. Good for placing tapers or other passive protection.  
瓶颈。侧边会聚的岩缝。适于放置岩锥或其它被动保护器材。

Bouldering (to boulder) - Climbing unroped on boulders or at the foot of climbs to a height where it is still safe to jump off. Typically used for practicing traverses, weight transfers, and foot and hand placements. Can be done on boulders or at the base of a rock face. (d) Bouldern (f) Faire du bloc, (nl) Boulderen, (i) Arrampicare su masso, (e) Boulder / Cascarear  
抱石攀登。在大石头或者攀登路线的基部无绳攀登,高度不高,即使脱落也可以安全落地。通常用于练习横移,重心移动和手脚的动作。可以在大石头或者岩面的基部练习。

Bounce - To crater from an extreme height. Usually lethal. (d) Todessturz, (pl) Obdijac sie skokami przy zjezdie  
从很高的地方坠落。通常是致命的。

Bowline - A knot frequently used for tying the middle climber onto a glacier rope team, among other uses. Double bowline (a variation of the bowline) is used by many climbers as their primary knot. (d) Bulinknoten/Palstek, (f) Noeud de chaise, (nl) Paalsteek, (i) (Nodo) bulino, (e) Bulín, (s) P?lstek, (pl) Wezel tatrzanski  
布林结。一种常用的绳结,通常用于登山中将中间位置的攀登者连接到结组中。双布林结(布林结的变种)通常是攀登者最初使用的绳结。

Bucket - A large hold (Aka "jug", esp. in UK) (d) Henkel, (f) Bac/baquet, (nl) bak, (i) Fibbia / Vasca, (e) Asa / gasa, (s) Brevl?da  
一个大的手点。

Buttress - The part of the mountain or rock that stands in front of the main mountainface. (d) Vorbau / Pfeiler, (f) Pillier, (i) Pilastro, (e) Espolón, (s) Pelare, (pl) Pochyly filar  
耸立在主峰前的岩石或山。

Cam - Generic reference to the family of spring loaded camming devices (SLCD) such as friends, camalots, aliens, TCUs, etc. Also referred to as springs (d) Friends, (f) Friends, (e) Levas, (pl) Krzywka  
SLCD (spring loaded camming devices)凸轮类保护器械的统称,如friends, camalots, aliens, TCUs 等。  
Camalot - Spring-loaded camming device made by Black Diamond. See SLCD.  
BLACK DIAMOND 制造的凸轮类保护系统。

Camming - The act of rotating into place until wedged or tight.  
旋入或者旋紧的动作。

Camming device - A piece of climbing protection that wedges into a crack or pocket by rotating. Can be a passive cam or a spring-loaded device with two or more camming pieces on a stem.  
设置时旋入岩缝或者岩洞的攀登保护器材。可以是被动凸轮保护器,也可以是有两个或更多凸轮装置的弹簧保护装置。

Cambered sole - A curved or arched sole with a down-turned toe. Found on rock climbing shoes for more advanced climbers. Focuses foot position over the toes for more precise placements.  
弓形鞋底。弯曲成弓形的鞋底,脚趾蜷曲向下。通常用于高水平攀岩者的攀岩鞋。注重于足部相对于脚趾的位置,有利于更精确的放置。 Campus - A dyno executed using the arms only. Comes from the campus board where the people who do this move get the muscle to do it. (d) Frei h?ngend  
只用手臂的动态攀登。

Campus board - A wooden training board with finger ledges that is used for training dynos and finger power. (d) Hangelbrett, (f) Planche d'entra?nement, (e) Tabla de entrenamiento  
一种木制的带有横条的训练板。用于训练动态动作和指力。

Carabiner - Alternative American spelling of "karabiner". Metal loop (usually aluminum) with a spring-loaded gate on one side used for connecting various parts of a climbing system. May be oval, pear- or D-shaped. Also "karabiner", " 'biner" or "krab".  
KARABINER的另一种拼法。一侧有弹簧门的金属环状物(通常为铝),用于连接攀登系统的各部分。可能是椭圆形的,梨形的,D形的。

Caving - The sport of cave exploration using many of the same techniques and gear as climbing.  
探洞活动。很多技巧和装备和攀登一样。

CEN (European Committee for Standardization) - Establishes the minimum safety requirements for climbing gear. The organization's stamp ("CE") must appear on all climbing gear sold in Europe. See ANSI.  
为攀岩装备设立的最小安全要求。所有在欧洲出售的攀登器材必须有该组织的标记"CE"。见ANSI。

Chalk - Carbonate of magnesium, or gymnasts' chalk, used to keep a climber's hands dry for better grip. (d) Chalk/Magnesia, (f) Magnésie, (nl) Magnesiumpoeder, (i) Magnesia, (e) Magnesio, (s) Krita, (pl) Magnezja  
碳酸镁,或者体操运动员使用的镁粉,用于保持攀登者手部干燥以便抓握。

Chalk bag - Small pouch, usually with a drawstring closure, worn on the harness to hold climbers' chalk.
粉袋,通常可以用拉绳系紧,穿在安全带上盛放攀登者的镁粉。

Chausey - Poor rock conditions. Also spelled chossy.
恶劣的攀登条件。

Cheese grater - To slide down a slab while scraping the knees, hands, and face.  
在抓挠膝盖,手或者脸的时候滑倒。

Chest harness - A harness used in conjunction with a seat harness to keep the body upright in case of a free fall (into a crevasse, for instance). Also supports the body when rappelling with a heavy pack. (d) Brustklettergurt, (f) Harnais, (nl) Borstgordel, (i) Cinghia pettorale, (e) Arnés de pecho, (s) Br?stsele, (pl) upzraz piersiowa  
胸式安全带,用于连接座式安全带,以保证坠落时身体直立。也用于在携带重物下降时支撑身体。

Chimney - A wide crack that accommodates (most of) the body of the climber. (d)Kamin, (f) Cheminée, (nl) Schoorsteen, (i) Camino, (e) Chimenea, (s) Kamin, (pl) Komin  
烟囱,可以容纳攀登者(大部分)身体的宽缝。

Chimney (verb) - A climbing technique used to conquer chimneys. Usually requires the use of the back and feet, arms, head and other body parts. (d) Stemmen, (pl) Zapierac sie w kominie  
攀爬烟囱裂缝的技术。通常需要用背,脚,臂,头和身体其他部分。

Chipped hold - A hold created with a hammer and chisel by someone incapable of doing the climb as it is. A very bad thing. (d) Geschlagener Griff, (f) Prise taillée, (i) Presa scavata, (s) Chippade grepp, (pl) Chwyt 'rzezbiony' dlutem  
因为无法攀爬而锤凿出的支点。非常不好的事情。

Chock - Universal term applied to passive protection piece wedged into cracks for use as a rope anchor during a climb. Also called nuts, stoppers, wires, and rocks. (f) coinceurs, (e) Nueces Chock pick - See nut tool.  
被动保护器材的通用语,该种器材在攀登时被楔入岩缝用做锚点。也被称为NUTS, STOPPERS, WIRES, 或ROCKS。

Chockstone - Rock or stone tightly wedged in a crack. Originally used for climbing protection by girth-hitching a runner around it and clipping the rope in. Precursors to metal chocks.  
紧密地楔入岩缝的岩石。原先在这样的岩石上缠绕扁带,被用做攀登保护点。金属物的前身。

Choss - In Australia, this means poor rock (you can take all the holds home...). In the UK, choss is dirt and vegetation found in cracks (or Munge in the US).  
在澳洲,指条件非常不好的岩壁(岩石破碎)。在英国,指裂缝中的泥土和植被。

Chute - A very steep gully. The word chute is French for fall and refers to the rockfall that is very common in a chute. (pl) Zleb  
非常陡峭的溪谷。CHUTE是法语"坠落物",特指溪谷中非常常见的落石。

Cirque - A deep and steep-walled basin on a mountain usually forming the blunt end of a valley. From the French word for circus. Also known as corrie.  
山上深而且陡峭盆地,通常形成山谷的一端。来源于法文"杂技场"。

Class (also called grade) - A number designating the overall technical level of a route. The first number in the YDS designates the class of the climb. Click here for the classing table (e) Clase
标志路线技术等级的数字。YDS分级法中的第一个数字标志攀登的等级。单击此处查看等级表。

Clean - Aid climbing without hammering. (e) Limpiar  
不用锤凿的器械攀登。

Clean - A route that is free of vegetation and loose rock.  
没有植被或碎石的路线。

Clean (verb) - To remove the pro from a route. Usually done by the seconder (also called follower). (d) Abbauen / Ausraümen, (pl) Sciagnac asekuracje  
从线路上取出保护装置。通常由跟攀者完成。

Cliff - A vertical piece of rock good for climbing (see also Crag). (d) Fels, (f) Falaise, (nl) Rots, (i) Falesia, (e) Risco, (s) Klippa, (pl) Skala  
垂直的适于攀登的岩壁。

Climber - Anyone who participates in the sport of climbing. Also refers to the person moving (as opposed to the belayer).  
参与攀岩运动的人。也指正在攀爬的人(相对于保护者)。

Climbing - Movement upward on rock, snow, ice, or a mixture thereof. (d) Klettern, (f) Grimper, (nl) Klimmen, (i) Arrampicare/scalare, (e) Escalar, (s) Kl?ttra, (pl) Wspinac sie  
在岩石,雪,冰或者混合地形向上运动。

"Climbing!" - What the climber shouts after the belayer screams "Belay on". (d) "Komme", (f) "Départ", (nl) "Ik kom", (i) "parto"/"vengo", (e) "Voy", (s) "Jag kl?ttrar", (pl) "Ide"  
保护者喊"BELAY ON"之后攀登者的喊话。

Clove hitch - A knot used for tying the climbing rope to an anchor, as when setting up to belay the next climber.(d) Mastwurf, (f) Noeud de cabestan, (i) Nodo barcaiolo, (e) Cola de cochino, (s) Dubbelt halvslag, (pl) Wyblinka Col - A steep, high mountain pass. (f) Col, (pl) Siodlo  
双环结。用于将攀登绳索连接到锚点的绳结,以便保护下一个攀登者。 Coombe - Welsh word for corrie or cirque. Also spelled cwm.  
威尔士语中的CORRIE或者CIRQUE。也可以拼为CWM。

Cord (or cordage) - Static cord used for different climbing applications. See Accessory cord. (d) Reepschnur, (f) Cordelette, (nl) Prusiktouw, (i) Cordino, (e) Cordino / cordeleta, (s) Repsn?re, (pl) Repsznur  
绳索。用于不同攀登用途的静力绳。见ACCESSORY CORD。

Cordelette - A long (typically 16-foot) section of 6mm Spectra? cord tied into a multi-purpose anchor sling. The cordelette is useful for making three-point, equalized anchors.  

Core - The center fibers of a climbing rope. See sheath.  
攀登绳索中间的纤维。

Corner - Inside corner (see dihedral) or outside corner. In the UK, a corner is always an inside one. (f) Dièdre, (i) Diedro, (e) Esquina, (s) H?rn, (pl) Zaciecie  
角。内角(见DIHEDRAL)或者外角。在英国,通常专指内角。

Corrie - Other word for cirque. Spelled coire in Scotland and coombe or cwm in Wales.  
CIRQUE的另外一种说法。苏格兰语中拼为COIRE,威尔士语中拼为COOMBE或者CWM。

Crab - Slang for a karabiner.  
铁锁的俚语。

Crack - A fissure in a rock wall, typically used for hand- and footholds while climbing. Can be paper-thin to larger than body size. (d) Ri?, (f) Fissure, (nl) (Rots)-spleet, (i) Fessura, (e) Grieta, (s) Spricka, (pl) Rysa  
岩缝。岩壁上的裂缝,通常在攀登中用做手点或者脚点。可以象纸一样薄,也可以比身体还宽。

Crag - A small cliff, or the term for a climbing area. (d) Klettergarten, (f) Falaise, (i) Falesia, (s) Klippa, (pl) Skala  
小的岩壁,或者指一个攀登区域。

Crank - To pull on a hold as hard as you can, and then some. (d) Durchziehen, (pl) Wspinac sie w rysach  
尽可能猛地拉拽一个支点。

Crater - To fall and hit the ground, as in "I almost cratered". (f) Se gaufrer/se vautrer/se planter/dévisser, se viander, (s) Kratra, (pl) glebowac  
脱落并跌到地面。

Crimper - A very small hold that accepts only the finger tips. In the UK, this is just called a crimp. (d) Kratzer / Pinchi, (f) Gratton, (i) Tacca, (e) Grieta de dedos
只能容纳指尖的很小的点。在英国被称为CRIMP。

Crux - The toughest move or sequence of moves on a climb. (d) Crux/Schlue?elstelle, (f) Le pas/Crux/passage clé, (nl) Sleutelpassage, (i) Passo chiave, (e) Paso clave, (s) Krux, (pl) Najtrudniejszy przechwyt, wyciag na drodze
一条攀登路线上最难的动作或者一系列最难的动作。

Cwm - The Welsh spelling for coombe or cirque.  
峡谷,盆地谷。威尔士拼法。

Daisy chain - A sling sewn (or tied) with numerous loops, used as an adjustable sling in aid climbing.
菊绳,缝(或系)一些环的扁带。在器械攀登中用作可调节的扁带。  
Deadpoint - A dynamic move where the next hold is grabbed at the very top of the motion (if you lunge upwards, that is just before you start falling again). By grabbing a hold in its 'deadpoint', you place the smallest possible loads on the holds. (d) Greifen im toten Punkt, (f) Jeté, (pl) Wspinanie dynamiczne  
DEADPOINT - 一种动态移动,在动作的最高点抓住下一个点(正好在你开始下落之前)。做这个动作时,要尽量轻抓下一个点。  

Death Wobbles - The eerie sensation of jittery legs. Aka to Elvis or the sewing machine.
DEATH WOBBLES - 腿的颤动,象ELVIS或装订机。

Descender - Device used for abseiling. (d) Abseiler, (f) descendeur, (i) discensore, (e) descensor, (s) firningsbroms, (pl) przyjazd zjazdowy  
Descender - 用于上升的器材。

Dihedral - The US term for an inside corner. Two planes (of a rock face) that intersect. An inside corner in which a climber can use counter-pressure on each side to climb it. Also referred to as an "open book". (d)Verschneidung, (f) Dièdre, (nl) Versnijding/hoek, (i) Diedro, (e) Diedro, (s) (Inner-) h?rn / Dieder  
Dihedral - 美语中内角的术语。指两个交叉的岩面。攀爬有内角的岩壁时,攀登者可以利用两侧岩面的反作用力来攀爬。也指"打开的书"地形。

Dog (to dog a move) - Climbing, lowering, climbing again till a certain move is made (the usual mode of ascent...). (d) Ausbouldern, (nl) Jo-jo  
Dog(to dog a move) - 攀爬,下降,再攀爬,直到某一特定动作完成(通常攀登的方式)。 Double fisherman's knot - Solid knot used to tie two ropes or pieces of webbing together (Aka grapevine knot). (d) Doppelter Spierenstich, (f) Double noeud de pêcheur, (nl) Dubbele visserssteek, (i) Nodo a contrasto doppio/nodo doppio inglese, (e) Nudo de pescador doble, (s) Dubbel fiskarknop  
DOUBLE FISHERMAN'S KNOT -双渔夫结。 连接两条绳或者带的坚固的绳结。

Double rope - Same as a half rope. Also the technique using two half ropes. (d) Doppelseil, (f) Corde à double, (i) Corda doppia, (e) Cuerda doble, (s) Dubbelrep  
Double rope - 双绳。同半绳。也指使用两条半绳的技术。

Double runner - A 9.5-foot length of tubular webbing tied into a loop with a water knot used for attaching pro to the climbing rope or creating anchors. Must be doubled over to be worn over one shoulder on most people. See single runner and triple runners.  
Double runner - 9.5英尺长的扁带用水结系成的扁带圈,用于连接保护点和攀登主绳或者做保护点。攀登者通常要把这种扁带圈挽两圈挂在一侧肩膀上携带。

Downclimbing - Descending the difficult way. (d) Abklettern, (f) Désescalader, (nl) Afklimmen, (i) disarrampicare / Arrampicare in discesa, (e) Destrepar / Desescalar, (s) Nedetkl?ttring  
Downclimbing - 从难的路线上往下爬。

Drag - Friction created when a climbing rope passes through multiple pieces of protection, especially if they are not in a straight line up the route. Can pull a lead climber off balance.  
DRAG - 攀登绳通过多个保护点而产生的摩擦力,特别是当这些保护点不在一条直线上时。 会使领攀者失去平衡。

Dry-treated - Ropes that have been coated with or immersed in a water-repellent chemical. Helps maintain the life of the rope by keeping it clean and resisting abrasion. Keeps ropes from becoming heavy and unmanageable when used on ice and snow.  
Dry - 外层涂抹或浸入一种防水化学物质的绳索。能够保持绳索干净,抗磨损,从而延长寿命。在冰雪环境中使用可防止绳索变得沉重、无法控制。

Dynamic - Climbing rope that elongates or stretches to absorb the impact of a fall. Opposite of static. Also, a climbing move in which the climber lunges or leaps to the next hold. Also called a "dyno move".  
Dynamic - 能够延伸以吸收坠落冲力的攀登绳索。相对于静力绳。也指攀登者跃向下一个支点的动作。称为"DYNO MOVE"。

Dynamic Belay - A belay method in which some rope is allowed to slip during severe falls. A dynamic belay can severely reduce the impact force from a serious fall, but can also severely kill you if not done properly. (d) Dynamische Sicherung, (f) Assurage dynamique, (i) Sicura dinamica / assicurazione dinamica, (e) Seguro dinámico, (s) Dynamisk s?kring, (pl) asekuracja dynamiczna  
Dynamic Belay - 动态保护。一种在大的脱落时适当放绳的保护方式。动态保护可以很大地减轻坠落的冲力,但如果使用不当会造成严重后果。

Dyno - Dynamic movement towards a distant hold. (d) Dynamo, (f) Jeté, (nl) Dynamo, (i) Lancio, (e) Movimiento dinámico, (s) Dynamisk move
Dyno - 跃向很远的支点的动态动作。

Edge - A sharp edge on a rock face. (d) Kante, (f) Graton, (i) Spigolo / lama, (e) Orilla, (s) Kant, (pl) Kant
Edge - 岩石表面的尖利边缘。  
Edging - Foot technique where one uses the edge of the climbing shoe to stand on small footholds. The opposite of smearing. (d) Kanten, (f) Gratonner, (e) cantear  
Edging - 一种使用脚的技术。用攀岩鞋边缘站在很小的脚点上。相对于"抹"的技术。

Elvis - To have a sewing maching leg. Named after "Elvis, the King", who suffered from this this problem when singing before a crowd of screaming women. (d) N?hmaschine, (e) motoneta, (pl) telegrafowac  
Elvis - 腿部的颤动。因猫王ELVIS而命名,他在一群尖叫的妇女面前唱歌时有同样的动作。

EN (European Norm) - Designation given to products that meet CEN standards.  
EN (European Norm) - 给予达到CEN标准的产品的称号。

Epic - The story of a well planned climb that turned into a grueling adventure that turned out well in the end. As these stories are told over and over again - and they always are - the details get stretched to supernatural proportions for dramatic effect. (d) Eine Geschichte, (f) Epopée (e) Historia épica  
EN (European Norm) - 历尽千辛万苦最终结局完满的攀登故事。因为这些故事被反复传诵,细节被描述得非常神奇以达到戏剧效果。

Etrier (Pronounce with a french accent) - Webbing ladder used for aid climbing. Also known as 'aider'. (d) Leiter, (f) étrier, (nl) Ladder, (i) Staffa, (e) Estribo, (s) Stegar  
EN (European Norm) - (发音带有法国口音)绳梯,用于器械攀登。也称"AIDER"。

Expansion bolt - see "bolt". (d) Bohrhaken, (f) Cheville à expansion, (nl) Boorhaak, (i) Caviglie da espansione, (e) Piton de expansion, parabolt, (s) Borrbult
EN (European Norm) - 膨胀钉。见"BOLT"。

Face climbing - Not crack climbing. Climbing up the relatively smooth portion of a cliff. A face climb typically requires friction and various handholds, whereas a crack climb uses more counter-force and jamming techniques. (d) Wandklettern / Plattenklettern, (nl) Wandklimmen, (f) Grimper en dalle, (i) Arrampicata su parete/Arrampicata in placca, (e) Escalada exterior, (s) V?ggkl?ttring, (pl) wspinaczka po plycie
Face climbing - 非裂缝攀爬。攀爬峭壁上比较平滑的部分。岩面攀登通常需要摩擦力和各种各样的支点,  
Fall - A dynamic retreat from a climb (free-solo rappel). (d) Stuerzen, (f) Prendre un plomb / Voler / Tomber, (nl) Vallen, (i) Cadere / Volare, (e) Caer / volar, (s) Ramla, Falla, (pl) odpasc  
Fall - 脱落。

Fall factor - The length of the fall divided by the amount of rope paid out. (d) Sturzfaktor, (f) Facteur de chute, (i) Fattore di caduta, (e) Factor de caída, (s) Fallfaktor
Fall factor - 坠落系数。脱落距离与有效绳长的比值。

Figure of eight - Very popular climbing knot woven in the shape of the number 8, typically used for tying the climbing rope to the climber's harness. (d) Achtknoten, (f) Noeud en huit (Huit), (nl) Acht/achtknoop, (i) Nodo a otto / Savoia inseguito, (e) Nudo de ocho, (s) ?ttaknut, (pl) Osemka  
Figure of eight - 8字结。非常通用的一种攀登绳结,形状象阿拉伯数字8,常用于连接攀登绳和攀登者的安全带。

Figure 8 - Metal rappelling/belaying device shaped like an 8. (d) Achter/Abseilachter, (f) Descendeur en huit (Huit), (nl) Acht, (i) L'otto (il discensore), (e) Ocho, (s) ?tta, (pl) Osemka  
Figure 8 - 8字环。金属下降/保护器材,形状为8字。

Fingerlock - Masochistic technique to twist and wedge the fingers into a crack. (d) Fingerklemmtechnik in Rissen, (f) Verrou (de doigt), (nl) Vingerverklemming, (i) Incastro di dita, (e) Encu?adura de dedos, (s) Fingerjam
Fingerlock - 一种自虐性的技术,扭曲手指并楔入岩缝。

Fisherman's knot - Simple knot to tie two ropes together. The double fisherman knot, however, is more popular. (d) Spierenstich, (f) Noeud de pêcheur, (nl) Visserssteek, (i) Nodo a contrasto semplice, (e) Pescador, (s) Fiskarknop
Fisherman's knot - 渔夫结。把两条绳系在一起的简单绳结。双渔夫结更加普及。

Fixed pro - Bolts, rings, pitons, stuck nuts and cams and other piece of unremovable pro that may be found on a climb. Use at your own risk.
Fixed pro - 在攀登路线上留下的膨胀钉、铁环、岩钉或其它不可移动的保护装置。攀登者自己对使用它们负责。

Flail - To become very unsure and sketchy. When the flailing goes into frantic grabbing for holds, a fall is not far away.
Flail - 变得非常不稳定。当这种不稳定变成狂乱地抓摸支点,离脱落就不远了。

Flake - A thin bit of rock that is detached from the main face. (d) Schuppe, (f) écaille, (i) Scaglia, (e) Laja, (s) flak, (pl) Pletwa
Flake - 分离于岩面的岩石薄片。

Flared - A crack or chimney with sides that are not parallel, but instead form two converging planes of rock.
Flared - 侧面会聚而不是平行的岩石裂缝。

Flash - To lead a climb with no falls or dogging and with no previous attempts on the climb. Two variations exist: the onsight flash (where the climber has never seen the climb before) and the beta flash, also called red point ascent (where the climber has studied the climb before or has seen someone do the climb). (f) Encha?ner en tête
Flared - 领攀一条路线,中间没有脱落,没有吊在绳上休息,从前也没有尝试过该路线。有两类:ONSIGHT FLASH(攀登者以前从没有见到过该路线),BETA FLASH,也叫RED POINT ASCENT(攀登者以前曾经研究过该线路,或曾经看到有人攀爬该线路。)

Follow - To be the second up a climb. In traditional climbing, to remove and collect the protection that the lead climber has placed. See second. (d) Nachsteigen, (f) Grimper en second / Grimper en moulinette, (nl) Naklimmen, (i) Seguire (andare da secondo), (e) Segundear / escalar de segundo, (s) F?lja, (pl) Chodzic na drugiego
Follow - 跟攀一条路线。在传统攀登中,取出领攀者放置的保护装置。见SECOND。  

Free climb - To climb using only hands and feet on the rock. Rope is used only for safety and is not relied upon for upward progress. Opposite of an aid climb. (d) frei klettern, (f) escalade libre, (nl) vrijklimmen, (i) scalata / arrampicata libera, (e) escalada libre, (s) frikl?ttring, (pl) wspinaczka klasyczna
Free climb - 只用手和脚的攀登。绳索只用于保护而非上升。相对于器械攀登。

Free rappel - A controlled descent on a rope in which the climber is not in contact with the rock. A free-hanging descent. See rappel.
Free climb - 沿绳索有控制地下降,攀登者不与岩石接触。见RAPPEL。

Free solo - Free climbing while using no ropes for protection. You fall - you die. (d)Free solo klettern, (f) Solo intégral, (nl) Solo, (i) Arrampicata in solitaria, (e) Escalada solitaria / Superlibre, (s)
Free climb - 完全不用绳索保护的徒手攀登。坠落是致命的。

Frisolo Friction - A style of climbing that involves few positive holds and relies on balance, footwork and weight over the feet for grip on the rock face. Friction of climbing shoes is also used.
Frisolo Friction - 一种攀登风格,使用很少的支点,主要依靠平衡,脚法和脚在岩石上的摩擦力。攀岩鞋的摩擦力也很重要。

Friend - The first successful spring-loaded camming device, made by Wild Country. Now the trade name (and generic name) for the original camming devices, now also available as Camalots, TCU's, Quads, Aliens, Big Dudes, etc. See SLCD.
Friend - 首例成功的弹簧凸轮保护器材,由WILD COUNTRY公司制造。现在成为凸轮类保护器材的商品名(属名),同类器材还有CAMALOTS,TCU'S, QUADES, ALIENS, BIG DUDES等等。见SLCD。

Gate - Spring-loaded opening on a karabiner. Can be straight or bent, locking or nonlocking. (d) Schnapper, (f) doigt, (nl) snapper, (i) leva, (e) pestillo, (e-argentina) leva, (s) grind, (pl) zamek karabinka  
Gate - 锁门。铁锁的弹簧开门。直门的或者弯门的,可锁的或者不可锁的。  
Gerry rail - A hold large enough for the most senior climbers.  
Gerry rail - 对大多数资深攀岩者来说足够大的点。

Girth hitch - A simple knot made with a runner or sling by wrapping it around a fixed object and looping it through itself.  
Girth hitch - 双环结。一种简单的绳结,使用扁带或绳套缠绕在固定物体上,扁带或绳套再自己以圈连接。  

God-save-me - The type of hold one lunges for hoping it will be the perfect bucket.  
God-save-me - 一种支点,攀登者力竭前怀着该支点为一很大支点的希望跃向它。

Goomba - Novice climber who thinks he knows it all. Unlike boneheads, goombas don't know enough to get hurt.
Goomba - 自以为知道一切的攀登新手。和笨蛋不一样,这种人知道的东西不足以伤害到自己。

"Got me?" - A wake up call for the belayer, used to warn her that you are about to put some weight on the rope. (pl) "Trzymasz?" / "Blokuj"  
Goomba - 提醒保护者的喊叫,用于提示保护者用力拉绳子。

Grade - A number denoting the seriousness of a route (not to be confused with the rating of climb, which describes the technical difficulty). In Britain, however, the word grade means both grade and rating. Look here for the different grades... (d) Ernsthaftigkeitsgrat, (f) engagement, (e) grado, (pl) wycena Grigri - The first popular belay device with an auto-locking mechanism to catch a climber's fall. Nifty but somewhat controversial. Made by Petzl.  
Grade - 描述攀登路线危险程度的数字。(不要与描述技术难度的RATE混淆)。但是,在英国,这个词既表示技术难度,也表示危险程度。不同的危险程度见这里。

Gripped - To be paralyzed by fear or confusion.  
Gripped - 因为害怕或者混乱而身体麻痹。

Grounder - A fall where the kinetic energy is not absorbed by the rope and pro, but rather by mother earth itself. Can hurt badly. (d) Bodensturz, (f) chute au sol  
Gripped - 坠落到地,绳子和保护点没有吸收坠落的冲击力。会造成非常严重的伤害。

Gym - Indoor climbing facility. Inhabited by gym rats, or climbers who spend all their time on artificial walls.  
Gripped - 室内攀岩馆。

Half rope - A rope of 9 or 8.5 mm that has to be used together with a second rope when leading a climb. (d) Halbseil, (f) corde de rappel, (nl) half touw, (i) mezza corda, (e) media cuerda, (s) halvrep, (pl) lina polowka
Half rope - 9或8.5mm的绳。先锋攀时需要使用两条绳。  
Hand jam - Slightly masochistic technique where the hand is wedged into a crack. (d) Handklemmer, (f) verrou (de main), (nl) handklem, (i) incastro di mani, (e) encu?adura de mano / -de palmas, (e-argentina) empotrar la mano
Hand jam - 手楔入岩缝,一种轻度自虐的技术。

Handle - Big banana-shaped hold often found in indoor gyms. Great for waving hello to admiring bystanders. (d) Henkel, (f) poignée / baquet / poignée de métro (parisians only) (nl) handvat, (pl) klama
Handle - 大的香蕉状的支点,在室内攀岩馆经常可以见到。

Hang dog - To rest on the rope as you lead climb, putting weight on the protection rather than the rock.  
Hang dog - 在先锋攀时吊在绳上休息,重量加在保护点上而不是岩石上。中文直译为"吊狗"。

Hanging belay - To belay facing the wall while suspended by your harness to anchors. Hanging belays are done when there is no suitable ledge or foothold available. Most often done on difficult, multi-pitch climbs.
Hang dog - 通过安全带把自己挂在保护点上,面向岩壁做保护。这种保护方式在没有合适的立足点时使用,通常用于困难的多段攀登中。

HAPE - High Altitude Pulmonary Edema. Liquid in the lungs as a result of high altitude exposure. Pretty serious condition that can quickly lead to HACE (High Altitude Cerebral Edema - much more serious) if a descent to lower altitudes is not made immediately. (f) oedème du poumon
HAPE - 高山肺水肿。因高海拔引起的肺部积液。很严重的状况,如不及时降到低海拔地区,会很快导致更严重的高山脑水肿。

Hardman - A climber with seemingly superhero strength who has survived epics of grandiose proportions.
Hardman - 能够攀爬非常困难路线的超级英雄般的攀岩者。

Harness - A webbing belt and leg-loop system that attaches a climber to a rope, and identifies you as a climber. The coolness factor can be significantly enhanced by hanging things from the harness that go cling. (d) Klettergurt, (f) baudrier/baudard, (f-c) baudrier/cuissard, (nl) klimgordel, (i) imbragatura, (e) arnés, (s) kl?ttersele, (pl) uprzaz
Hardman - 安全带。由腰带和腿圈构成的系统,把攀登者连接到绳索。

Haul bag - Large and robust bag used to haul food, water, climbing gear, sleeping bag, television, satelite dish, and other essential equipment that is required, up a big wall. Also know as "the pig". (d) Materialsack / Nachziehsack, (f) sac, (i) sacco da recupero, (e) petate / costal de escalada, (s) hissack
Haul bag - 大而且结实的袋子,大岩壁攀登时用于把食物、水、攀登装备、睡袋、电视、卫星天线和其它所需物品拖拉到岩壁上。也称?quot;THE PIG"。

Headwall - Where the face of a mountain steepens dramatically.
Haul bag - 山峰的陡壁。

Helmet - Solid plastic device that can sometimes protect the head from falling stones or impact (Aka a brainbucket). (d) Helm, (f) casque, (nl) helm, (i) casco, (e) casco, (s) hj?lm, (pl) kask, (sl) prilba
Haul bag - 头盔。防止头部受到落石伤害的坚硬的塑料制装备。

Hexentric - or "hex". A type of nut with an excentric hexadiagonal shape. Works for wedging (as a nut) but also for camming  
Haul bag - 也叫"HEX"。一种形状为非同心的六角的岩塞。

HMS - Karibiner with one wide side used for belaying with a munter hitch (aka pearabiner). From the German term for munter hitch belay: 'Halbmastwurfsicherung'. (d) HMS, (i) moschettone a pera, (s) HMS-knut, (pl) HMS (karabinek gruszkowaty)
HMS - 一种铁锁,一边宽大,可用于单环结保护。源于德语"单环结保护":HALBMASTWURFSICHERUNG。

Hold - Anything that can be held on to. (d) Griff, (f) Prise, (nl) Greep, (i) Appiglio / Presa, (e) Presa / agarre, (e-argentina) Toma, (s) Grepp, (pl) Chwyt
HOLD - 支点。任何可以被抓握的东西。

Hurtin' unit - American term for that member of the climbing team that is suffering from severe exposure to alcoholic beverages the night before.
Hurtin' unit - 美语,形容前一晚酗酒过度的攀岩队成员。

Ice axe - Device used for ice climbing, glacier crossing, or scaring away burglars. (d) Eispickel / Eisbeil, (f) Piolet, (nl) IJsbijl, (i) Piccozza, (e) Piolet, (s) Isyxa, (pl) Czekan
Ice axe - 冰镐。用于攀冰、冰川行走和防贼的装备。  

Ice screw - A protection device for ice climbing. Looks like a large bolt that can be screwed in hard ice. (d) Eisschraube, (f) Broche à glace, (i) Vite da ghiaccio, (e) Tornillo para hielo, (s) Isskruv, (pl) sruba lodowa  
Ice screw - 冰锥。一种攀冰用的保护装备。形状象大的膨胀钉,可以被旋入坚硬的冰面。

Italian hitch - Munter hitch knot or HMS knot (pl) Polwyblinka
Ice screw - 单环结。

Jam - Wedging body parts in a crack. Includes fingers, hands and feet. (d) Klemmen, (f) Faire un verrou / Faire un coincement / Coincer, (i) Incastrarsi, (e) Encu?ar, (e-argentina) Empotrar, (s) Jamma, (pl) Klinowac
Jam - 将身体的一部分,包括手指,手和脚,楔入岩缝。  

Jug - Very large hold (short for jug handle) (Aka "bucket" in the US). (d) Henkel / Kelle, (f) Poignée, (nl) bak, (i) Vasca / Fibbia, (e-argentina) Manija, (s) Brevl?da, (pl) Klama
Jug - 非常大的点。(美语,BUCKET)

Jugs - Big wall lingo for Jumars or any other type of ascenders.  
Jugs - 大岩壁术语,祝玛式上升器或其它种类的上升器。

Jug (verb) - To jumar up a line (big wall lingo). (f) monter au jumar  
Jug (verb) - 用上升器上升(大岩壁术语)。

Jumar - A type of rope ascending device.  
Jumar - 一种沿绳索上升的装置。

Jumar (verb) - To ascend a rope using ascenders. (d) Jumaren, (f) Monter au jumar, (e) Jumarear, (s) Jumarera
Jumar (verb) - (动词)用上升器沿绳索上升。

Karabiner - Metal connecting device, sometimes spelled with a 'c' in the US. This most essential climbing device is also known as a "biner" in the US and as "crab" or "krab" (mostly) in the UK. (d) Karabiner, (f) mousqueton, (nl) karabiner / mousqueton, (i) moschettone, (e) mosquetón / mosquete, (s) karbin / karbinhake, (pl) karabinek  
Karabiner - 铁锁。金属连接装备,在美语中有时以'C'开头。最节本的攀登装备,在美语中也被称为"BINER",在英国英语被称做"CRAB"或"KRAB"。  
Kernmantle - Nylon climbing rope construction consisting of a core of continuous nylon filaments (kern) covered by a braided outer sheath (mantle). (d) Kernmantelseil
Kernmantle - 尼龙攀登绳索,由编织外鞘包裹连续的尼龙丝线构成。

Kevlar - Strong, light fiber made by DuPont used in bulletproof vests. Used in climbing cord for its high tensile strength and resistance to cutting.
Kevlar - 凯夫拉尔,纤维B。杜邦生产的一种重量轻而质地牢固的合成纤维,用于制作防弹衣。因其高拉伸强度和抗切割能力而用做攀登绳索。

Kilonewton (kN) - A measure of force equal to 224.8 lbs or about 100kg. A "newton" equals the force required to make a 1 kilogram mass accelerate at a rate of 1 meter per second per second. Climbing gear is rated in kN to show how much falling force it can hold.
Kilonewton (kN) - 一种力的度量方式,等于224.8磅或者约等于100KG。1牛顿等于让质量为1千克的物体每秒加速度1米所需要的力。攀登器材用KN来衡量其所能承受的冲坠力。

Knotted cord - Piece of cord with a knot tied into the end that is used for protection (pretty much like a nut). The traditional method of protecting climbs, and still used in the Elbsandsteingebirge in Eastern Germany. (d) Knotenschlinge, (f) Corde nouée, (i) Cordino annodato
Knotted cord - 绳索的一端打结,象岩石塞一样塞入岩缝用于保护。传统的保护方式,至今在东德的ELBSANDSTEINGEBIRGE仍然使用。

Krab - Short for karabiner.
Krab - 铁锁的简称。

Largo start - A climb or bouldering problem where the first move starts with a jump for high holds. Named after John Long (or 'Largo').
Largo start - 用一个跳跃抓住高处的支点起步的攀登路线或者抱石路线,因JOHN LONG(LARGO)而命名。  

Last - The 3-dimensional form on which a shoe is constructed.
Last - 鞋楦头。

Layback/lieback - Somewhat clumsy looking climbing technique where hands and feet work in opposition. (d) Piazen/hangeln, (f) Dülfer / opposition, (i) Dulfer (Opposizione), (e) Dülfer, (s) Layback
Layback/lieback - 一种看似笨拙的攀登技术。手和脚使力的方向相反。

Lead - To ascend a climb from the bottom up, placing protection (or clipping protection) as you go. (d) Vorsteigen, (f) Grimper en tête, (nl) Voorklimmen, (i) Andare da capocardata, andare da primo, (e) Puntear / guiar, (s) Leda, (pl) Prowadzic
Lead - 从底下攀登一条路线,一边攀登一边设置保护。

Leader - To be the first person on a climb, either clipping the rope into bolts or placing protection as you go. Belayed by the second, below you. (d) Vorsteiger, (f) Premier (de cordée), (nl) Voorklimmer, (i) Primo, (e) Primero / puntero, (s) F?rsteman, (pl) Prowadzacy
Leader - 领攀者,攀爬时使用挂片或自设保护。由下面的跟攀者保护。

Ledge - Flat bit on a rock (can be miniature or gigantic). (d) Leiste (small) / Absatz (large) / Band (large laterally extended ledge), (f) Réglette/vire ("vire" is somewhere between a microledge and a party ledge), (nl) Rand(je), (i) Cengia, (e) Repisa, (s) Hylla, (pl)
Ledge - 岩石上平坦的地方(可以很小,也可以很大)。

Polka Leg loops - The part of a climbing harness that goes around the upper legs of the climber and provides support. Typically attached to the waistbelt, although some waistbelts and leg loops are sold separately for a more customized fit.
Polka Leg loops - 腿带。安全带上缠绕在大腿上并给予支撑力的的部分。尽管有些腰带和腿带分开出售以适应客户需要,腿带通常是连接到腰带上的。

Lie-back - Climbing technique that uses counter-pressure of hands pulling and feet pushing, typically to climb an offset crack or a flake. The term "lie-back refers" to the body position of leaning backwards and to one side with arms straight and feet shuffling up the wall.
Lie-back - 一种攀登技巧,运用手的拉力和脚的推力这样一对反作用力,通常用于攀登反向裂缝或者片状岩石。"LIE-BACK"指身体向一侧后方倾斜,手臂伸直,脚支撑在对面岩壁上。

Limestone - Type of rock found in abundance in southern France and around Yangshuo, China (usually white and full of pockets and holds). (d) Kalkstein, (f) calcaire, (nl) kalksteen, (i) calcare, (e) roca calcárea, (s) kalksten, (pl) wapien
Limestone - 石灰岩。在法国南部和阳

Manky - Slang American term used to describe a fixed bolt that looks like it was placed before the last ice age. Use these bolts at your own discretion (d) Rosthaken, (f) Clou pourri/clou rouillé
Manky - 美国俚语。形容看起来非常不结实、陈旧的膨胀钉。自己判断能否使用这些膨胀钉。  
Mantel - A climbing move in which downward pressure is applied with the hands to a ledge, lifting the body high enough to get the feet on that same ledge. Usually used when no handholds are available. (d) (Durch)-stützbewegung, (f) Rétablissement, (i) Ristabilimento, (s) Mantla
Mantel - 手掌撑起身体然后脚踩在同一点站起来的动作。通常用于没有手点可以使用的情况下。

Mixed climbing - Climbing with a combination of different methods of ascent. e.g mixed free and aid climbing, mixed rock and ice climbing, etc. (f) escalade mixte, (pl) wspinaczka mieszana
MIXED CLIMBING - 综合使用不同攀登方式的攀登,例如自由攀登和器械攀登的混合攀登,冰岩混合攀登。

Multi-pitch - Climb that consists of more than a single pitch. (d) Mehrseillaengentour, (f) voie de plusieurs longueurs, (nl) klim van meerdere touwlengtes, (i) via da piu' tiri, (e) ruta de varios largos, (s) tur med flera repl?ngder(?), (pl) droga kilku wyciagowa / wspinaczka wielowyciagowa
Multi-pitch - 多于一段的攀登路线。

Munter hitch - A friction knot, typically tied to a large karabiner, which can be used to belay a climber. Good to know in case you lose your belay device. (d) Halbmastwurf, (f) Demi-cabestan, (nl) Halve mastworp, (i) Mezzo barcaiolo, (e-argentina) Nudo dinamico, (s) Munterknut
Munter hitch - 意大利结。单环结。一种摩擦力绳结,可以系在主锁上保护攀登者。记住这个绳结,在你万一丢失你的保护装备时使用。

Needle - Rock with a characteristic pointed shape. Also known as pinnacle, aiguille, gendarme, etc. (d) Nadel / Spitze, (f) Aiguille / Gendarme, (i) Guglia / Pinnacolo, (e) Aguja, (s) Pinnakel, (pl) Igla
Needle - 外形尖锐突出的岩石。也称作PINNACLE, AIGUILLE, GENDARME等。  
Névé - Consolidated granular snow formed by repeated freeze-and-thaw cycles. Also used to indicate permanent snowfields. (f) Névé
Névé - 因为反复冻结-融化而形成的坚固的粒状雪。也指永久性的雪地。

NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) - American association which sets standards for rescue equipment, including static ropes.  
NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) - 设定救援装备(包静力绳)标准的美国组织。

Notch - A small col.(d) Scharte, (f) Brèche
Notch - 小的关隘。

Nut - Metal wedge used for protection in cracks. Originally modeled after railway nuts. See chock. (d) Klemmkeil, (f) Coinceur, (nl) Nut , (i) Dado, (e) Nuez, (s) Kil, (pl) Kosc
Nut - 岩石塞。用于塞入岩缝的楔型金属保护装置。

Nut tool/nut key - A small, hooked pick used to remove protection when seconding (following) up a climb. Used on passive and active protection pieces. Also called a chock pick. (d) Keilenentferner, (f) Décoinceur/sardine, (i) Cavadadi, (e) Sacanueces, (s) Kilpetare
Nut tool/nut key - 一种小的钩状物,用于跟攀者摘取保护装置。既可用于摘取被动保护装置,也可用于摘取主动保护装置。

"Off belay" - Yelled when the climber no longer requires a belay (e.g. because she/he has reached a stance). Once the belayer hears "off belay", he/she removes the rope from the belay device and yells "belay off". In UK, Australia and New Zealand: "Safe". (d) "Stand" ("Aussicher"), (f) "Relais, vaché!", (nl) "Stand", (i) "Posto" / "Molla", (e) "Libre", (e-argentina) "autoasegurado", (s) "L?gg av", (pl) "Mam auto"
"Off belay" - 当攀登者不再需要保护时的对话。(例如:当他到达保护站)。当保护者听到"OFF BELAY"时,他应从保护器中松开绳子并回喊"BELAY OFF"。在英国、澳洲和新西兰,这样的用语为"SAFE"。  

Off-width - A crack that is wider than a hand or foot but too narrow for a climber to chimney (fit the whole body) in. Generally 10-25cm. (d) Schulterri?, (f) Offwidth, (e) Off width, (pl) Rysa szersza niz piesc
OFF-WIDTH - 用涨手(脚)太宽但用爬烟囱技术(容纳整个身体)又太窄的裂缝宽度.通常10-25CM。

"On belay?" - Query to verify if the belayer is ready to secure the climber (US only). (d) "Kann ich kommen?", (f) "Tu me prends ???", (i) "Sei pronto ???", (e) "?Subo?" / "?estás listo?", (s) "Sakring klar ???", (pl) "Moge isc?"
"ON BELAY"- 为核实保护者是否准备好为攀登者保护的问话(美语)。

On sight flash - Leading a climb with no falls and no dogging and without any prior attempts, watching someone do it or beta on how to do the moves. Usually applies to difficult routes. (f) Encha?ner en tête à vue, (i) A vista, (e) A vista
ON SIGHT FLASH - 在预先没有做任何尝试,没有看到别的攀岩者攀爬该路线,也没有得到怎样动作的提示的情况下,没有脱落也没有吊在攀登绳上休息地领攀一条路线。通常用于比较难的路线。  

On-sight difficulty - The test, in a competition, of how far a climber can progress on a wall with no prior knowledge of the climb.
ON-SIGHT DIFFICULTY - 对攀岩者首攀未知岩壁的能力的测试。

Open book - Same as a dihedral or inside corner. Two panes of rock join in an acute or obtuse corner that faces left or right.  
OPEN BOOK - 两面角或者内角。两块岩石会聚成锐角或者钝角,向左或者向右。

Outside corner - Also known as pillar or arete. (d) Kante, (f) Pilier, (nl) Pijler, (i) Pilastro
OUTSIDE CORNER - 外角。也称梁或者脊。

Overcam - Compressing a cam to its absolute minimum size during placement, effectively eliminating the possibility of extraction.
OVERCAM - 在放置保护时把凸轮装置压到最小状态,有效地降低脱出的可能性。

Overhand knot - A simple (but solid) knot in a double rope. (d) Sackstich, (f) noeud de queue de vache, (i) Nodo delle guide, (e) Nudo simple, (s) ?verhandsknut, (pl) Kluczka
OVERHAND KNOT - 用于双绳的一种简单(但是坚固的)绳结。

Overhang - Rock (or ice) that is "more than vertical". (d) Ueberhang, (f) Surplomb(=strong overhang) or dévers (=slight overhang), (nl) overhang, (i) Strapiombo, (e) Desplome / Extraplomo, (s) ?verh?ng, (pl) Przewieszenie
OVERHANG - 向外倾斜的岩壁或者冰壁。

Overkilned - A boiler plate or flaky rock
Overkilned - 锅底或成片状的岩石。

Pass - The lowest passage between two mountains. The french - but not just the french - know this as a col. The mathematicians would call this the saddle point. (d) Pass, (f) col, (i) sella / colle / passo / valico, (e) collado / puerto, (s) pass, (pl) przelecz, (sl) sedlo
Pass - 两座山之间最低的通道。法语(不仅法语)中称为关隘(COL)。数学家称之为鞍状点。  

Passive protection - Any piece of climbing protection that does not have moving parts. Examples include chocks, stoppers, nuts or any other wedge-shaped pieces that fit into cracks, as well as hexentrics and tricams that are rotated to fit tightly into cracks and holes.
Passive protection - 没有移动部件的攀登保护器材。包括CHOCKS,STOPPERS,岩塞,或者其它适用于裂缝的楔形保护器材,也包括能够被紧紧旋入岩缝或岩洞的HEXENTRICS和TRICAMS。

PCD (passive camming device) - A piece of protection without moving parts, such as a hex or a nut. Opposite of ACD.
PCD(PASSIVE CAMMING DEVICE)- 没有可动零件的保护装置,如岩石塞。

Pendulum - A swing on the rope, either intentional to gain a distant anchor on big wall climbs or unintentional when falling during a traverse with not enough pro in place. (d) pendeln / Pendelquergang, (f) pendule, (i) (traversata a) pendolo, (e) péndulo, (s) pendeltravers / pendla, (pl) wahadlo
PENDULUM - 绳的钟摆式荡动。有时是故意的,如在大岩壁攀登时为达到一个较远的保护点;或者是无意的,如在横切并且没有足够保护点的时候脱落。

Perlon - European term for nylon. Often used as a term for nylon accessory cord, as in 6mm perlon. Pillar - Outside corner (d) Pfeiler, (f) pilier, (nl) pijler, (i) pilastro, (e) pilar, (s) pelare, (pl) igla / filar
PERLON - 尼龙(欧洲)。通常用于称呼尼龙制辅绳,如6MM PERLON。  

Pimp - To do a short semi-dynamic stab. It's not quite a dynamic move, but it's also not quite static. It's the happy median.
PIMP - 一个短的半动态动作。它不是一个动态动作,但也不是静态的,而是一个中间状态。

Pink point - To red-point a climb where the pro and runners have been pre-placed. (d) Rotpunkt mit eingeh?ngten Schlingen (Rotkreuz ???)
PINK POINT - 粉点攀登。在预先设置好保护情况下红点攀登一条路线。

Pitch - The length of a climb that can be protected by 1 rope length (this used to mean 45m, nowadays pitches can also be 50 or even 60m long). A pitch is led by the lead climber and cleaned by the second (or follower). (d) Seillaenge, (f) longueur, (nl) touwlengte, (i) tiro, (e) largo (de cuerda), (s) repl?ngd, (pl) wyciag
PITCH - 段。可以用一条绳保护的攀登路线的长度(过去通常为45米,现在一段有时会长达50米甚至60米)。每一段由先锋攀者领攀,跟随者清除保护。

Piton - Metal spike hammered into a crack (has come in disuse for all but some special applications) (Aka "peg" in the UK). (d) Haken, (f) piton, (nl) (mep)haak, (i) chiodo, (e) pitón / clavo  
PITION - 岩钉。锤入岩缝的金属钉(除少数特殊用途外已停止使用)。

Placement - An opening in the rock in which a piece of protection fits. Also the act of inserting a piece of protection.
PLACEMENT - 岩壁上适合放置保护器

旧帖 2004-06-23 12:54:30
Post #2
回复: 攀岩字典

我是狂风 离线 我是狂风 "Rock!" - Scream let out to warn people down below that a piece of rock has been overcome by gravity. The loudness, number of repetitions, and/or panic in voice with which this word is uttered is often an indication of the seriousness of the rock. In the UK, you're more likely to hear "Below", beware! (d) "Stein", (f) "Pierre" / "Caillou", (i) "Sasso", (e) "Piedra", (s) "Sten", (pl) "Kamien"  
"Rock!" - 警示岩壁下的人有落石的尖叫声。落石的严重程度通常由尖叫声的大小,重复的次数和声音中的惊恐程度显示出来。在英国,多用"BELOW"。

Roof - Seriously overhanging part in a climb (more or less horizontal). (d) Dach, (f) toit/plafond, (nl) dak, (i) tetto, (e) techo, (s) tak, (pl) dach / okap"  
Roof - 屋檐。攀登路线上倾角非常大的部分(几乎是水平的)。

Rope - Long and round nylon fabrication. Climbing ropes are generally between 10 and 11 mm in diameter (with the exception of "half ropes" which are between 8.5 and 9mm in diameter). (d) Seil, (f) corde, (nl) touw, (i) corda, (e) cuerda, (s) rep, (pl) lina, (sl) lano  
Rope - 长的圆形尼龙织物。攀登绳通常直径10到11MM("半绳"直径8.5到9MM)。

Route - A certain path up a rock or mountain. (d) Tour, (f) voie, (nl) route, (i) via, (e) ruta, (s) led, (pl) droga, (sl) cesta  
Route - 攀登岩石或者山的特定的路线。

Runner - Loop of nylon webbing used to attach the climbing rope to protection or to make anchors. Can be tied (homemade) or sewn (bar-tacked commercially). In the UK, a 'runner' is a running belay. (d) Schlinge, (f) Sangle, (i) Anello, (e) Anilla, (s) Slinga, (pl) Talma ?, (pl) Petla  
Runner - 扁带。尼龙带圈,用于连接攀登绳索和保护点,或者做锚点。可以自己系成,也可以缝成。

Runner - A runner threaded or looped around chockstones, flakes, horns or chickenheads for protection. (d) Zackenschlinge  
Runner - 套在石头上的扁带圈作为保护。

Runout - The distance between a climber and his or her last piece of protection. A long runout equates to a long fall. In alpine climbing, it is the area below a climbing route onto which a climber would land if he or she were to fall. Look for a safe runout on a snow slope before glissading. (d) Abstand zwischen 2 Sicherungspunkten, (f) (Une voie est) Engagée, (i) Via protetta lunga, (e) Ruta poco protegida, (pl) Odleglosc miedzy punktami asekuracji
Runout - 攀登者与其最后一个保护点之间的距离。这个距离越大,脱落的距离越长。在登山中,指攀登者遇到脱落情况可能坠落的区域。在下滑之前尽量寻找一个可以安全着陆的雪坡。

"Saddle - A high pass that looks somewhat like the horsewear. Not quite as steep as a col. (d) Sattel, (pl) siodlo " "Safe!" - The British equivalent of "Off Belay". (d) "Stand", (f) "Relais" / "Vaché", (nl) "Stand", (i) "Posto" / "Molla", (e) "Libre", (s) "L?gg av", (pl) "Mam auto"
"Saddle - 一个马鞍状的高的关口。不象COL那么陡峭。  

Schwag - Terrible rock conditions.  
Schwag - 糟糕的岩壁情况。

Scrambling - Easy climbing, usually unroped. (d) Kraxeln, (f) Escalade facile, (e) Trepar, (s) L?tt Kl?ttring
Scrambling - 容易的攀登,通常不用绳子。

Screamer - A very, very long fall on a rope, frequently with screaming. (f) Méga-plomb, (i) Mina / Randa, (pl) Dlugi lot  
Screamer - 非常非常长距离的脱落,经常伴随着尖叫。

Sheath - The woven outer cover on a climbing rope or accessory cordage.  
Sheath - 攀登主绳或者辅绳的外鞘。

"SHIIIIT!" - Often heard during a fall... (Well educated climbers in the UK sometimes say ""sugar"" - but only if they're not in too much trouble). (d) Scheisse !, (f) Merde!, (f-c) ""Chite!"", (nl) Shit!, (i) ""Merda!"", (e) Mierda!, (s) Dj?vlar!, (pl) Cholera / Kurcze / Kurde "  
"SHIIIIT!" - 经常在脱落中听到。(在英国,受过良好教育的攀岩者有时会用"SUGAR"这个词。- 但仅限于他们没有陷入很大麻烦的时候。)

Single rope - A rope whose diameter is large enough to support a leader fall when used singly. Typical diameter is 9.8mm-11mm. See half rope and twin rope.  
Single rope - 单绳。绳子的直径足够大,单独使用的时候可以承受一个领攀者的冲坠。通常直径9.8MM-11MM。

Short roping - Technique where both climbers are tied close together into the middle of the rope. The rest of the rope is then carried over the shoulders in a coil. Frequently used for simul-climbing. The term (and technique?) is used frequently in the Canadian Rockies. (d) am kurzen (or: verkürzten) Seil gehen, (f) faire des anneaux de corde, les anneaux á la main.  
Short roping - 攀登者近距离地连接在绳索中部。绳索的剩余部分挽成圈套在肩膀上携带。通常用于同时攀登。这一术语(技术)常用于加拿大落矶山地区。

Side pull - A hand hold that needs to be held with a horizontal (sideways) pull. (d) Piaz-Griff / Seitgriff, (f) Prise verticale, (i) Maniglia rovescia, (s) Sidotag / Sidogrepp, (pl) Odciag  
Side pull - 一个需要水平(侧向)拉力的手点。

Single runner - A 5.5-foot length of webbing tied into a loop with a water knot, used for attaching pro to the climbing rope or for creating anchors. Fits most people comfortably worn over one shoulder when climbing. See double runner and triple runner.  
Single runner - 5.5英尺长的扁带用水结系成的扁带圈,用于连接保护点和攀登主绳或者做保护点。在攀登时,大多数人可以很方便地把这种扁带圈挂在一侧肩膀上携带。

Sit start - To start a bouldering problem from a sitting position.  
Sit start - 用坐姿开始一个抱石路线。

Sky hook - A particular type of hook used for aid climbing (f) Crochet à goutte d'eau"  
Sky hook - 器械攀登时使用的一种形状特殊的钩子。

Slab - Flat and seemingly featureless, not quite vertical piece of rock. (d) Platte, (f) Dalle, (nl) Plaat, (i) Lastra / Lastrone / Placca, (e) Laja, (s) Sva / Platta, (pl) pologa plyta"  
Slab - 平坦的、不是完全垂直的岩石。

"Slack!" - Yelled when the climber needs more rope (e.g. to clip into protection). (d) "Seil", (f) "Du mou", (nl) "Touw", (i) "Corda" ("Lasco"), (e) "Cuerda", (s) "Slacka", (pl) "Luz"  
"Slack!" - 当攀登者需要更多绳子时的喊话(例如,挂绳入保护点时)。

SLCD (Spring-loaded camming device) - A piece of active climbing protection composed of a number of cams on a stem with a trigger bar. When the bar is pulled back, the cams compress to a size small enough to fit inside a crack or pocket. When the bar is released, the cams flare outward and rotate/wedge into place, providing protection. The rope is then clipped with a runner to this piece of protection. See Friend, Camalot, TCU.  
SLCD (Spring-loaded camming device) - 一种主动保护器材,由绳缆串联一定数量的凸轮组成,绳缆有引动棒控制。该引动棒被拉紧的时候,凸轮装置收缩小到可以放进岩缝或岩洞。放松引动棒,凸轮装置向外张开并在该位置上卡紧,提供保护。绳子挂入这种保护器材中。见FRIEND,CAMALOT,TCU。

Sling - American term for runner.  
Sling - 美语,绳套或扁带。

Slingshot - A toprope setup where the belayer belays on the ground (where the climber starts climbing) and the rope is pre-clipped through the anchor at the top of the climb. In the UK, top-roping or bottom-roping (depends where the belayer stands).  
Slingshot - 顶绳保护。保护者站在地面(攀登者开始攀登的地方),攀登主绳预先挂在线路顶端的保护点上。在英国,被成为TOP-ROPING或BOTTOM-ROPING(基于保护者站的位置)。

Slipper - A snug-fitting sport climbing shoe that is slipped on rather than laced. Popular for gym climbing and bouldering.  
Slipper - 拖鞋式而不是系带的竞技攀岩鞋,通常用于攀岩馆或者抱石攀登。

Sloper - Pathetic downward slanting hold. (Usually look like buckets from below.) (d) (Abschüssiger) Aufleger, (f) Prise fuyante, (i) Appiglio spiovente  
Sloper - 向下倾斜的点。(通常从下面看象是大的支点)。

Smear - Climbing technique in which the sole of the shoe, plus proper weight over the feet, provides traction for moving upward. The opposite of edging. (d) auf Reibung stehen, (f) grimper en adhérence, (i) aderenza, (e) fricción, (s) smeara, (pl) wspinanie na tarcie  
Smear - 一种攀登技巧,利用鞋底和适当的脚力产生向上的动力。相对于边缘攀登。

Snaplink - Name for karabiner, popular in the US military/Britain(?).  
Snaplink - 铁锁的名称,在美国军界和英国通用。

Softman - A former hardman who can accomplish climbs of epic proportion in comfortable style. Always has the warmest jacket, the biggest sleeping pad, the best food, and the finest of consumables. A title to aspire for.
Softman - 从前是一个能够轻松完成困难路线的硬汉的家伙。总是穿着最暖和的夹克,睡最暖和的睡袋,吃最好的食品,使用最好的物品。一个让人向往的头衔。

Solo - To climb alone without protection. It helps to have balls of steel or be French. (d) solo klettern, (f) soloer, (e) escalar en solitario, (pl) wspinaczka solowa Spec - Meeting specifications.  
Solo - 没有保护地单独攀登。

Spectra - A molecular-weight polyethylene developed by Allied-Signal. The strongest fiber ever produced, it is 10 times stronger than steel by weight and twice as strong as Kevlar?. Can be quite stiff.  

Speed climbing - A competition that tests how far a climber can progress in a given time or how long it takes to complete a given climb.  
Speed climbing - 一种测试攀登者在给定时间内攀登的距离或者完成给定路线所用时间的比赛。

Sport climbing - Rock climbing using pre-placed protection such as bolts or a top rope. Frequently involves difficult, gymnastic moves. Opposite of traditional climbing. (d) sportklettern, (f) escalade sportive, (nl) sportklimmen, (i) arrempicata sportiva, (e) escalada deportiva (s) sportkl?ttring, (pl) wspinaczka sportowa  
Sport climbing - 使用预先设置的保护(例如膨胀钉、顶绳)的攀岩。经常用到困难的、技巧性的移动。相对于传统攀登。

SRENE - Acronym for Solid, Redundant, Equalized and No Extension, which refers to the qualities of a good climbing anchor.  
SRENE - 牢固的(SOLID)、充分的(REDUNDANT)、相等的(EQUALIZED)、非延伸的(NO EXTENSION),指一个好的攀登保护点的特征。

Static - Limited movement or stretch, when referring to a climbing rope. Static ropes are used for rescue, caving and rappelling, but do not stretch enough to absorb the impact of a leader fall when climbing. Opposite of dynamic.  
Static - 指攀登绳时,意思为有限的延伸。静力绳用于救援,探洞和下降,但是其延展性不足以吸收领攀者冲坠的冲力。相对应于动力绳。

Stemming - Technique in which the hands and/or feet are pressed in opposition far out to each side, as in a dihedral or wide chimney. (US only). (d) spreizen, (f) se mettre en opposition, (i) opposizione, (e) oposición, (s) st?mma / sprajsa  
Stemming - 一种技术,两手(或脚)分开很远,利用侧面或者宽裂缝的反向支撑力(美语)。

Sticht plate - A belay device consisting of a plate with two slots in it. An original creation by Franz Sticht. (d) Sticht Bremse, (f) plaquette d'assurage, (f-c) plaque-frein, (i) piastrina sticht, (e) placa Sticht, (s) stichtbroms  
Sticht plate - 一种保护器,由有两个细长缝的板组成。FRANZ STICHT发明。

Stopper - See taper, nut or chock.  
Stopper - 见TAPER,NUT或CHOCK。

Summit - The top of a mountain or rock. (d) Gipfel, (f) sommet, (nl) top, (i) cima, (e) cima / cumbre, (s) topp, (pl) szczyt Summit (verb) - (also "top out") To reach the summit. (d) gipfeln, (e) encumbrar, (pl) wejsc na wierzcholek  
Summit - 岩壁或者山峰的顶端。

Swami - Traditional climbing harness made by wrapping webbing around the waist. Also refers to the waist-belt portion of a climbing harness, sometimes sold separately from the leg loops for a custom fit.  
Swami - 结实的带状织物围在腰间制成的传统的安全带。也指安全带的腰带部分,有时与腿带分开出售。

"Take!" - American monosyllable for "Up Rope". Also used by top-ropers and sports-climbers to indicate that they have reached the top and want to be lowered. (d) "Seil ein" / "zu" / "dicht", (f) "avale", (e) "recupera", (pl) "wybierz"
"Take!" - 美语,同"UP ROPE"。也用于上方保护或竞技攀登的攀登者表示他们已经到达顶端,要求下降。  

"Take in!" - British equivalent of the above. "
"Take in!" - 英国攀登用语中同"TAKE"。

""Taking in"" - Heard often in British crags, meaning the climber is ""off belay"" and about to pull up the slack between him and the belayer. (f) ""J'avale"" "  
""Taking in"" - 英国攀登者的常用语,意思是攀登者已经不需要保护,并且他正准备拉紧他和保护者之间的绳子。

Talus - Large blocks of rock. A coarse variation of scree.  
Talus - 乱石坡。

Tape knot - Or threaded overhand knot in the US.  
Tape knot - 同美语中的THREADED OVERHAND KNOT。  

Taper - Passive protection with one end wider than the other, so that it wedges into cracks. See chocks, nuts.  
Taper - 一端比另一端宽的被动保护装置,可被楔入岩缝。见CHOCKS,NUTS。

TCU (three-cam unit) - Spring-loaded camming device by Metolius with 3 moving cams. See SLCD.  
TCU (three-cam unit) - METOLIUS生产的一种有3个可移动凸轮的弹簧凸轮装置。见SLCD。

TDR (thermodynamic rubber) - A synthetic rubber commonly used to create sticky soles on climbing shoes.  
TDR (thermodynamic rubber) - 一种人工合成橡胶,通用于制作攀岩鞋的粘性鞋底。

"Tension!" - Yelled out to the belayer to make sure he really takes in the slack. Usually "tension" is used by a climber that is ready to pop off. The progression of severity usually goes "up rope", "tight rope", "tension!". (f) "Bloque"  
"Tension!" - 对保护者的喊话确保其收紧绳索。通常"TENSION"用于攀登者准备脱落时。按照紧迫程度依次为"UP ROPE"、"TIGHT ROPE"和"TENSION"。

"That's me" - Part of the climbing dialogue. Courtesy call to the belayer to indicate that the slack in the rope is all taken up and that further pulling is pointless. (d) "Seil aus", (f) "Bout de corde", (pl) "Koniec luzo"  
"That's me" - 攀登对话。告诉保护者绳子已经收紧了。

Third classing - Climbing without a rope on easy ground (see also class)  
Third classing - 容易的、不需要绳索保护的攀登。

Threaded overhand - Solid but not failproof knot also known as water knot or tape knot (UK), or ring bend when used on webbing. (d) Sackstich in Ringform, (e) Nudo encontrado  

Three-point suspension - The principle of moving only one hand or foot at a time, leaving the other three on the rock for balance, as in a tripod.  
Three-point suspension - 三点固定,一点移动的理论。如同三脚架。

Three-sigma rating system - A method of statistical quality control (SQC) used to describe, analyze and control the rated strengths of climbing gear.  
Three-sigma rating system - 统计质量控制中用于描述、分析和控制攀登器材额定承力的方法。

Thrutchy - Requiring a whole lot of strength (and enthusiasm in a way). Used in Australia.  
Thrutchy - 需要很大力量的。用于澳大利亚。

"Tight rope!" - Or just "Tight". Urgent request to the belayer to take the slack out of the system. Somewhat stronger than "up rope". (f) "Sec", (f-c) "a sec", (e)  
"Tight rope!" - 或者"TIGHT"。 急切地要求保护者收紧攀登绳。比"UP ROPE"语气强烈。

"Tensa" Toe - The bottom of a buttress  
"Tensa" Toe - 耸立在主峰前的岩石或山的底部。

Top rope - A rope that is passed through a fixed anchor at the top of a climbing wall or cliff, with each end tied to the climber and the belayer at the bottom. A top rope (with a watchful belayer) ensures that the climber is always protected from falling very far, and is thus a good way to learn to climb.  
"Top-roping" is the term for this type of climbing. (d) Toprope / Seil von oben, (f) Moulinette, (nl) Toprope, (i) Corda dall'alto, (e) Yoyo, (s) Topprep, (pl) Wedka  
Top rope - 顶绳。攀登绳通过岩壁顶端的固定保护点,一端连接攀登者,另一端连接保护者。顶绳(和警惕的保护者)确保攀登者不会长距离脱落,是一种很好的学习攀登的方式?quot;TOP ROPING"是指这种攀登方式。

Topo - A short drawing of the route. Good topos will allow you to spot the line right away, show the placement of bolts and belay stances, indicate where the crux is and what rating it has. (f) Topo, (i) Topo, (e) Topo  
Topo - 路线草图。好的路线图可以清楚地标明路线的位置,膨胀钉的设置,保护位置,攀登的关键点和路线难度等级。

Traditional or "trad" - Rock climbing using protection placed by the lead climber and removed by the second, as opposed to sport climbing, in which protection (bolts) is pre-placed. See sport climbing. (d) Traditionelles, Alpines Klettern, (f) Classique, (nl) Alpijns klimmen, (i) Tradizionale, (e) Escalada tradicional /clásica  
Traditional or "trad" - 由首攀者设置保护,跟随者清除保护的攀岩方式,相对应于预先设置保护点(挂片)的竞技攀登。见SPORT CLIMBING。  

Trad fall - A fall during a trad climb, sometimes accompanied by the popping sound of protection succumbing to the temptations of gravity. See also 'crater' and 'screamer'. (f) Devissage  
Trad fall - 传统攀登时的脱落,有时伴随着保护点脱出的声音。见"CRATER"和"SCREAMER"。

Traverse - Horizontal climb. (d) Quergang, (f) Traversée, (nl) Traverse, (i) Traverso, (e) Travesiacute;a, (s) Travers, (pl) Trawers  
Traverse - 横向的攀登。

Triple runner - A 14-foot length of webbing tied into a loop with a water knot, used for attaching pro to the climbing rope, but more often for creating anchors. Usually must be wrapped three times to be carried over one shoulder of the climber.  
Triple runner - 14英尺长的扁带用水结系成的扁带圈,用于连接保护点和攀登主绳,但主要用于做保护点。攀登者通常要把这种扁带圈挽三圈挂在一侧肩膀上携带。

Trucker - Synomym for 'Bomber'. A trustworthy piece of pro.  
Trucker - 同"BOMBER"。十分可靠的保护点。

Tube chock - Cylindrical, spring-loaded protection. Made of telescoping aluminum tubes that expand and wedge in place. Typically used in very wide, vertical cracks and in holes where other protection will not fit.  
Tube chock - 圆柱形的弹簧保护装置。由压缩铝管制成,可以张开并楔入保护点。通常用于垂直宽裂缝和其它保护器不适合的洞。

Tunnel - A tunnel through or hourglass shape in the rock that allows a runner or cord to be fed through for protection. (d) Sanduhr, (f) Lunule, (i) Clessidra, (nl) Zandloper, (e) Túnel  
Tunnel - 可使用扁带或细绳穿过作保护点的石洞。

Twin rope - Climbing rope designed to be used in pairs with both strands running parallel through the same protection. Thinner in diameter than single rope. See half rope and single rope.  
Twin rope - 设计上为必须成对使用的攀登绳,两股绳平行地通过同一个保护器。直径小于单绳。见HALF ROPE和SINGLE ROPE。

Twistlock - A locking karabiner where the gate is locked with a spring-loaded clip.  
Twistlock - 一种锁门由弹簧锁住的铁锁。

Umbrella - rain protection device  
Umbrella - 雨伞。一种防雨设备。

Verility - side effect of climbing  
Verility - 攀登的副作用。

Warthog - A roughened spike hammered into certain kinds of ice or frozen turf for protection. Very popular on mixed climbs in the UK
Warthog - 一种外表粗糙的岩钉,可以凿入某种冰或者冻土中作为保护。在英国混合攀登中非常普及。  
"Watch me" - Call to indicate the climber is about to do something stupid -- like fall. (d) "Pass auf", (f) "Fais gaffe", (nl) "Let op", (i)"Occhio" / "Guardami bene" / "Tiemmi tirato", (e) "Cuídame", (s) "Beredd?", (pl)  
"Watch me" - "注意"。提示攀登者正在做傻事,例如脱落。

Water knot - Knot used to tie two ends of flat webbing together. Also known as a "ring bend". (d) Bandschlingenknoten, (e) Nudo encontrado, (s) Vattenknop, (pl) Wezel wodny
Water knot - 一种用于连接扁带两端的绳结。也称"RING BEND"。

Webbing - Flat and long strip of woven nylon tape used for making slings and runners for climbing. (d) Schlauchband , (f) Sangle (tubulaire), (nl) Schlinges, (i) Fetuccia tubolare, (e) Cinta tubular, (s) Tubband, (pl) Tasma rurowa
Webbing - 尼龙织物,用于制作攀登用绳套和扁带。

Wedge - A tapered protection piece that is wedged into place in a crack. See taper.
Wedge - 楔入岩缝的锥形保护装置。

Weighting - The delicate test of placing weight on a piece of pro after placing it. Usually with aid climbing.
Weighting - 在设好保护后在保护点上加重量的测试。通常用在器械攀登中。

Whipper - A long fall.
Whipper - 长距离的坠落。

Wire - Metal cable at the end of a nut or chock that allows a karabiner to be attached.
Wire - 岩石塞末端的金属索,用来连接铁锁。

Wombing - Doing a no-hands-rest.
Wombing - 做不用手的休息动作。

Xylaphone - Musical Instrument not often used for climbing purposes.  
Xylaphone - 乐器,通常不用做攀登用途  

Yabo - As in 'yabo start'. A 'sit start'. Named after John Yablonski a stud southern California climber, who was nicknamed Yabo.  
Yabo - 'YABO起步','坐起'。由南加里福尼亚的攀岩者JOHN YABLONSKI(昵称YABO)。  

YDS - Yosemite Decimal System. The North-American rating system.
YDS - 尤塞米提十进制系统。北美攀岩难度的分级标准。

Z-pulley system - Complicated rope setup that allows you to hoist heavy weights with relatively little force. Excellent for rescuing or hauling bags. (d) Flaschenzug, (f) Moufflage
Z-pulley system - 用相对较小的力量提升重物的复杂的绳索系统。很好地用于救援和拖拉背包。  

Zipper - A series of protection placements that pop out in sequence when the leader falls. Often coincides with a screamer. (d) Rei?verschlusssturz, (f) Déboutonner (verb), (pl) Suwak
Zipper - 当领攀者脱落时,一连串保护装置脱出。通常伴随着尖叫声。

旧帖 2004-06-23 12:55:29
Post #3

我是狂风 离线 我是狂风 希望对大家看国外的攀岩信息有所帮助smile

旧帖 2004-06-23 13:10:18
Post #4

老余 离线 老余 欢迎大家群策群力,为深圳户外的高端技术性活动贡献力量!

希望原创性质技术性文章更多地出现!(当然,翻译性质的文章也欢迎)
老余 于 2004-06-23 14:02:23 编辑

----------------------------------------